Tag Archives: office
You think finding a wardrobe that will match your personal style and your business dress code is impossible? Well, it isn’t. Given the fact that even CEOs mix business outfits with casual items today, shows that nearly nothing is impossible when it comes to work clothing. It’s all about combining your pieces the right way and making the look personal and fun, yet sophisticated and formal. Here are some tips on how to get that business casual look!
Basic pieces for the office
- Pleated Skirts – are a must and should be in every woman’ s closet. For a business outfit, choose one in black. Not only does black flatter your figure, it also gives it a sophisticated, office touch and will blend well with other colours. If you’re a little thicker around the waist, I’d suggest you go with a high waisted skirt that falls loose instead of a pencil skirt. Choosing a pleated skirt will give you a formal look, but will make it a little more fun and modern than a classic pencil skirt.
- Tops – a blouse will make you look super sophisticated and professional, but if that’s too fancy for your personal taste, you can simply wear a plain t-shirt. Out of the office you can wear your skirt with a vest top or a rock band t-shirt! If you’re dress-code is not strict, you can wear one of the trendy print t-shirts underneath your blazer and still look business chic! Just remember, no bold statements that will offend your boss or colleagues!
- Jeans – depending on how you wear them, they will make a superb fashion statement. There are loads of different styles out there at the moment. My favourites are all shown below and as you can guess, they are all from Topshop!
- Boyfriend Blazer – is another must have and since it is longer than regular blazers, it will really flatter your figure. This type of blazer will give you a modern and trendy, yet business-minded look. The cardigan is also a great way to look sophisticated and formal, without a blazer!
- Footwear – Brogues or Loafers will give your outfit an edgy note. Whether you’re more comfortable in flats or heels is up to you. Heels have been considered the most sophisticated shoe for a long time, so if you decide on flats, make sure they’re a bit more dressy, like these pictured below!
What not to wear at work
So, there you have some suggestions and tips on how to make your business wardrobe a bit more personal and fun. But remember:
- Skirts and dresses that are too tight and too short will not be considered sophisticated or business, so stay away from them at work.
- Platform heels may be a bit too sexy for work as well, so go for something more subtle.
- Too much makeup and over-accessorising can distract from your personality, so make sure to look as natural as possible while at work. Pop on some colour before you leave the office to grab drinks with your colleagues!