In need for a savoury warm meal for tonight’s dinner? Well look no further, this delicious Moroccan chickpeas-minced beef dish with feta is not only mouth-watering and will warm up your cold autumn night but it’s also cooked in under 30 minutes. Easy peasy, right?
✓1 garlic clove
✓1 big red pepper
✓1 green chili
✓400 g minced beef
✓Salt, pepper, cumin
✓2 tbsp tomato puree
✓1 can of chickpeas
✓Flat parsley (I tend to go for a lot of parsley)
✓150 g feta
1. Dice the onion and garlic. Rinse the pepper and cut into fine stripes. Rinse the chili and dice it. Unless you’re used to spicy food, remove the chili seeds.
2. Fry minced beef in a saucepan. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Add onion, garlic, pepper and chili. Add the tomato puree after 2 minutes.
3. Add 600ml of water, bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the water from the chickpeas and rinse chickpeas with cold water. Rinse parsley and chop it.
5. Add chickpeas to the minced beef and let simmer for 3 minutes. Add more salt, pepper and cumin, if you prefer so. Garnish with feta and parsley.
6.Optional: Greek yogurt goes really well with this dish. Enjoy with cous cous or pita bread.
Bon appetit xx